Monday 10 October 2016

Near Wirtzfeld - Autumn colours


Back to my summer vacation in the Ardennes. 
When we were on the spot, all I could think of was the challenge to paint in shades of green, and I made a painting I was not completely happy about. You can find the blog post here.
So I decided almost immediately to paint it again, in different colours. 
A few months passed since that decision, but here is the Autumn Colour version.

Not only the colours changed, I also changed the scene a bit. I made several reference pictures and on one of them were almost all the trees and not so much of the fields. I liked the light coming from behind the tree trunks so I decided to paint that this time.
My colours are also chosen from the not-so-familiar ones with the plan to get to know them better. A few were bought on impulse because they look great on the colour chart. Now I am making them look great in a painting and that is in fact why I bought them in the first place.

More information about this watercolour painting (paper, colours, size etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment