Friday 6 May 2016

Zürich by fog


Last winter my son and his girlfriend went to see Switzerland - part of it. 
They also visited Zürich and managed to make some really nice pictures in foggy weather.

One of those pictures became the inspiration for a charcoal drawing. 
As the picture really is hazy, I had difficulties to find the outlines of all the buildings. I usually feel more confident fading lines when I know where they should be in the first place. And I really had to fade a lot as only the left side of the bridge was not hidden in the fog. 

As I was working on this drawing, I also wanted to paint a watercolour after the sketch I made using this reference picture. So there is more to come!

For more information (size, paper used etc) please visit my website www.jannekesatelier.co.nr 

No comments:

Post a Comment