Sunday 6 September 2015

Hubermont - looking in the other direction - now as a Charcoal drawing


Sometimes I feel like doing a scene twice and try out how it looks using different colours or even a different technique.  This time I wanted to do a charcoal drawing of the last landscape I painted in watercolour.
In fact this is my second charcoal drawing ever, I learned to appreciate this technique on that painting trip in the Ardennes I mentioned in my previous post.
While making the watercolour I already got acquainted with the scene and that helped me a lot doing this drawing. Here I left out the clouds because they would have interfered with the branches of the trees and the wind that was blowing on that hilltop is easier to visualise because I used a smudging technique to create the foliage on those branches.
Alltogether I am very happy with the results.

More information can be found at www.jannekesatelier.co.nr


No comments:

Post a Comment