Wednesday 5 August 2015

Weeping ash - my first charcoal drawing


I like the idea of trying something new, especially when it's about my art.
This time it's charcoal drawing, something I don't remember having done before.
Looking for a subject I found a weeping ash in a courtyard. The branches were pruned down last year but the tree was doing all the better (I was told). As a result of that work all the curves that had grown in the branches in the previous years were visible. 
Those forms really can be intriguing and I decided to select a nice one to draw. 
After a first sketch in my sketchbook I started to work with charcoal on a large sheet of paper. While drawing I decided to add some of the leaves that were visible on the tree. After adding some background I was realyy happy with the result.
It was a nice change to be working this way and I will certainly do more charcoal drawings in the (near) future.

More information about this work (size, material) can be found at www.jannekesatelier.co.nr

No comments:

Post a Comment