Tuesday 4 August 2015

Hubermont - where the wind blows


There are many facets to a landscape like that of the Ardennes. There are valleys with small rivers and so there should also be hilltops - where the wind blows!
Because of that wind I only stopped to make sketches and photos, my fingers became too cold to hold my pencil too soon. The slopes may be steep, the hilltops are round and used for cornfields and grasslands to graze sheep and horses. Trees are used to shelter the farms from the worst of the weather. I found a spot where the grass and corn fields are divided by the road and a farmhouse is just visible between those sheltering high trees.
That view inspired me and so I made my sketch with some notes to use later, in a warm and sheltered place, to make my watercolour painting.

More information about this watercolour painting (size, colours used etc.) can be found at my website: www.jannekesatelier.co.nr 

No comments:

Post a Comment