Monday 20 April 2015

View towards the ocean - memories of Portugal


Last December we were in Portugal, I already mentioned that...
One day we went north (from Oporto) with the train to Viana do Castelo. We visited the (very nice) city centre and went up in the funicular to the church of Santa Luzia.
The church was visited and afterwards we walked around it. 
That I can recommend! The vistas are nice up there and there is more to be seen than just that church. 
Returning from a pre-Roman ruin we were approaching the church again and suddenly there was this vista. The church on the left, an abandoned pillar, trees on the right and in between the ocean! 
It was a day that was not really bright, but not with a lot of clouds to be seen. 
As if we were walking right beneath a cloud ourselves. My daughter Mariska made the reference photos for me. As the light was a bit strange, I worked from memory again to achieve the athmosphere I wanted to capture.
More details (size and colours) are found at www.jannekesatelier.co.nr

No comments:

Post a Comment