Thursday 23 April 2015

The Douro by night - more memories from Portugal


Sometimes I see a sunset I really can't resist. This is one of them.
It was not that late in the afternoon, in December the sun sets early. We were close to the famous Dom Luís bridge, ready to walk into Oporto. Well, walking on had to wait a while because my daughter Mariska had her camera with her... 
She made lots of beautiful pictures and I chose to combine some of them to make my painting. The brightness is the main difference in these pictures, I needed a light one for the drawing of the houses on the slope.
And now my painting. This is not a real watercolour, for this kind of scenes I prefer to paint on a heavy quality black paper.
This is different from what I normally do and I have lots of fun making it!

More details (size, paints used) can be found on my website www.jannekesatelier.co.nr

No comments:

Post a Comment